Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I've just installed Mandriva 2009.1 onto my machine. I have 2 HDDs on it. Both have Windows loaded on them and the second one also has Mandriva loaded. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mouting Windows Drives to Mandriva

Hi,
    I've just installed Mandriva 2009.1 onto my machine. I have 2 HDDs on it. Both have Windows loaded on them and the second one also has Mandriva loaded. I wish to access both of the HDDs' NTFS partitions via Mandriva.
    Is it possible?

Also, You could help me with making Mandriva's interface looks better... It looks ancient. I aint complaining about resources...

Thanks in Advance!

Linux Guru
    You need to first check to see if you have ntfs-3g installed to write to windows. You then need to create a mount point for each windows partition and mount them. If you want this permanently done, you need to put an entry in the /etc/fstab file. If would also be helpful if you could tell us what versions of windows you have, whether you have one operating system or more, and the output of the fdisk -l command from Mandriva run as root to post here. This will give your partition information and enable someone here to explain specifically what to do.