Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have just installed mandriva 2010 - the latest version dvd - and everything works perfectly apart from one very minor niggle whenever there is a usb device plugged ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

USB Available problem

Hi,
    I have just installed mandriva 2010 - the latest version dvd - and everything works perfectly apart from one very minor niggle whenever there is a usb device plugged there is a popup in the top right corner that keeps coming up saying there is a usb device ready to copy to.
    Is there any way to stop this happening?
    As i said this is a minor niggle but annoying

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

I'm not on my KDE box at the moment so can't check it, but I believe you can remove that plasma widget altogether if you wish. Try right-clicking it and look for a remove option, or right-click the panel and look for the option to remove any widgets that you don't want.
    oz

Just Joined!
    This is a Mandriva feature called draksnapshot or something like that. When it appears, you can right click the icon to exit the utility & there should be some option to turn it off.
    If not, you can also turn it off from Mandriva Control Center. System -> Snapshot

I (and several others) have encountered problems with the Draksnapshot app in 2010. If you right click the icon to remove it the desktop will freeze up.
    Disabling it from the MCC doesn't help either.
    Several bug reports have been filed, and hopefully a fix is on the way. (Or may be out already, I haven't checked).
    Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network.

Registered Linux user #481826 Get counted!