Find the answer to your Linux question:
Where to get mandriva 2006 cd? Site, no option for 2006 rather, 2010!...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandriva live cd 2006

Where to get mandriva 2006 cd? Site, no option for 2006 rather, 2010!

Index of /mandriva/Mandrakelinux/official/iso/2006.0/i586

2006 is wholly unsupported by Mandriva, you will not receive security updates, and if you run into problems, it is unlikely people in various forums will be able or willing to help. In other words, I highly recommend you use 2010 or other current release.

Quote Originally Posted by njuguna View Post
    Where to get mandriva 2006 cd? Site, no option for 2006 rather, 2010!
    Yes, Mandriva expires and removes their releases pretty quickly. What about the 2006 release do you particularly need? If your hardware (like mine) won't do well under KDE4 (which the supported releases of Mandriva currently use), you can get 90% of the Mandriva look-and-feel, Mandriva software tools like harddrake and netdrake, a more current kernel, KDE3.5.x, AND full support by using Mandriva-derived PCLinuxOS 2009.2. I use it on my laptop and three coffeehouse machines I admin, all sub-2GHz machines with 384-640MB of RAM each. Yes, I said "Meg".

If you just want a copy of, oh, say, the default desktop wallpaper for that release, your only hope is to find someone who burned the CD when it was available and still has it tucked away somewhere...and believe me, I'm hanging on to my Mandriva Spring 2008 CD (their last KDE3.5 release, IIRC) for dear life.

If you are dead set on older Mandriva, even unsupported, give me your email via private message, we can arrange to get you the *.iso for Spring 2008.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close