Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all. I'm trying to install Mandriva 2010.0 on IBM system-x blade computers. The problem is that after booting from CD and detecting USB devices the system freezes and doesn't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Booting from CD on IBM system-x

Hi all.
    I'm trying to install Mandriva 2010.0 on IBM system-x blade computers. The problem is that after booting from CD and detecting USB devices the system freezes and doesn't answer to any keyboard action. The screen is empty. Almost the same happens when I try to install system from an http server - the "boot CD" starts to work and when the screen with the menu (to install from FTP, HTTP, etc) is displayed - the keyboard and mouse doesn't work.
    The same happens with Fedora installation. But Ubuntu and SuSE are installed without any problem. I think that the difference is in the booting from CD, but what to check or which parameter to give to the kernel before booting?
    May be somebody knows about such problem.
    Thank you for help.

you are getting a kernel panic there it happens with some distros that cannot resolve a hardware issue.
    you should review hardware in the server and then check the hcl for the distro you wish to install. there may be some work around options out there.