Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey there. I just installed Mandrake as my first permament Linux distro. The problem I'm having is that I want to undo going into Verbose mode everytime I boot. During ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Get back GUI login?

Hey there. I just installed Mandrake as my first permament Linux distro. The problem I'm having is that I want to undo going into Verbose mode everytime I boot. During my third or so boot, I pressed escape for verbose mode, just to see what it was like. However, ever since then, everytime I choose the default Linux distro in LILO (which should go back to silent mode), Mandrake instead automatically starts verbose mode, without me pressing Escape. I know how to the console logins, but I'd prefer the GUI login screen. Can anyone help me get Mandrake booting into silent mode again?

EDIT: Okay, it boots back in silent mode again. But I still get a console login screen, rather than the GUI. Can anybody help get back the GUI login screen?

Just Joined!
    edit /etc/inittab line 18, change id:3:initdefault: to id:5:initdefault: , Reboot.
    It should boot into GUI.

Just Joined!
    That works. Thanks a lot.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close