Find the answer to your Linux question:
You are (i think) my last hope! I'm desperate. For 4 hours i'm searching on the internet a way to install Yahoo messenger, but i couldn't find. I'm opening Terminal ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Instal YM!

You are (i think) my last hope! I'm desperate. For 4 hours i'm searching on the internet a way to install Yahoo messenger, but i couldn't find. I'm opening Terminal Program and i'm loged as user. I write su and now i'm loged as root. but when i write the path for example rpm -i /home/alexe/desktop/rh8.ymessenger-1.0.4-1.i386.rpm (the file is placed on desktop) the message is "no such file or directory". I've tried to replace "home" with "root" but the result was the same. What should i do? please help me... because i really have to talk with someone. it's urgent! I really need your help! Thak you!!

Linux Guru
    In CLI, cd to the directory where the file is located. Do an ls command to make sure it's there. Then try to install it from there. Do you get the same error?

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    I don't know what CLI is and how to cd (is like in ms-dos?) and i don't know how to do an is command. i'm a noob. today was the first time when i saw linux

Linux Newbie
    he is sayn #cd "dir"
    ie.
    open a term and type
    # cd /
    # ls
    shows your dir
    now
    # cd /home/USERNAME/Desktop "assumen you put it there"
    # ls
    see if it show up