Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok I finally got the ati driver installed in mandrake 10.1 with a force install I went thru the conguration I rebooted with errors that i couldnt find my g ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ati drivers

Ok I finally got the ati driver installed in mandrake 10.1 with a force install I went thru the conguration I rebooted with errors that i couldnt find my g card so iI rebooted with the first install disk I updated mandrake 10.1 with 10.1 disk and it fixed it. So whene I got to the g card configure part I selected fbdev insted of fglrx that fixed problem with the login screen just showing text insted of the graphical display but now i only can go to 85hz refresh rate it use to be 75 that worked and now 85hz gives me black bars on the side of my screen i cant switch to 75 because theres only one refresh rate 85hz.

Hi flip5325,

I know I might catch hell from ATI users, but you can save yourself a lot of headaches by going down to your local computer store and purchasing an Nvidia.

I've got two ATI cards working in two different boxes and five with Nvidia. None with Mandrake 10.1 though. For me, Nvidia has always been more Linux friendly that ATI.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Your post makes no logical sense. Please compose complete sentences and add some more information (i.e.-errors) so that we may help you.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Newbie
    i think i can help but i might need some more info.

please post what you have tryied (install ati's rpm or downloaded some source?) and the command and error that came with it.

my personal experiance with ati has been not good. (i know that ati makes good hardware (based on ati all in wonder that i at one time had) but there software (windows software included) cancels whatever advantage that it had. (im planning to buy nevida next time)

my soultion was to use the closest driver to the card that came with mdk.

next time you post just be sure to add more details or you might get ignored.
    i'll be waiting to hear how it goes.

Linux Guru
    According to ATI's site, you have to use the --force option to install.

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/linuxhowto-ati.html

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude