Find the answer to your Linux question:
Help! Installed 10.0 Official no problems. Now when I try and install 10.2 Community, I boot from CD, get the splash screen where I hit enter to install or upgrade, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

10.1 Community Hangs when Installing From CD

Help!

Installed 10.0 Official no problems. Now when I try and install 10.2 Community, I boot from CD, get the splash screen where I hit enter to install or upgrade, eventually, after it says its loading to memory, it stops with the message Proceeding, please wait... but gets no further!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Linux Guru
    Could the CD be imperfect? Check the MD5 or whatever to make sure it's not corrupt.

Can you try to do a text install? This is less resource intensive, but same install.

Could there be a hardware item that Mandrake is tripping on? Strange that you had another version working, but problems now.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

Linux Guru
    I wasn't aware that 10.2 community had been released already

Seriously, though... Any time you have problems with a community release, it's advisable to upgrade to official.
    Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I had the same problem - you may want to try to boot the alternate kernel by typing alt1 at the prompt - a 2.4.x kernel instead of the new 2.6.x kernel. I guess that not everything is compiled on 2.6.x yet... Also, hit ALT-F3 to see where it's crapping out at. From what I can tell - my ES audio is what caused the installer to not continue... with the older kernel everything seems to be running...