Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have recently migrated to Mandrake linux 10.1 from windows XP and cannot get my internet connection working (ISP wanadoo). I have tried to set up a connection ADSL -> ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

HELP!! changed XP to Mandrake 10.1 no internet connection

I have recently migrated to Mandrake linux 10.1 from windows XP and cannot get my internet connection working (ISP wanadoo). I have tried to set up a connection ADSL -> speedtouch modem -> DNS 195.92.195.94. But still there is no network connection. cannot ping anything. No previous linux exp!

Linux Engineer
    are you using a winmodem?

Just Joined!

Re: HELP!! changed XP to Mandrake 10.1 no internet connectio

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-the-hat
    I have recently migrated to Mandrake linux 10.1 from windows XP and cannot get my internet connection working (ISP wanadoo). I have tried to set up a connection ADSL -> speedtouch modem -> DNS 195.92.195.94. But still there is no network connection. cannot ping anything. No previous linux exp!
    Try setting it up with lan insted of adsl

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I found some scripts to get the connection working with the speedtouch 330 modem. But to run the script you will need installed bc and pppd (ppp-2.4.2.tar.gz). Then get the modem script speedtouch-03-Nov-2004.tar.gz when this is unpacked place the file rev4fw.zip in the speedtouch-03-Nov-2004 directory. The speedtouch-03-Nov-2004.sh script needs modifying remove the lines

#if [ -z "${USB_TYPE}" ]; then
    # echo $"No USB Bus found!" | tee -a $LOGFILE
    # error=`expr $error + 2`
    #fi

then run the script and follow the instructions (ps. VPI = 0, VCI =3

Thanks to the guys who replied to this cry for help.

Just Joined!
    Hi, I realise this thread is two years old, but if any of you guys are still around I could use some help. I'm trying to connect to Wanadoo with my Speedtouch 330 modem, and I'm using Mandriva. I followed these instructions but it simply isn't working. I don't know what else to do, except give up and go back to Windows.