Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all! I am new to linux and in my project, i have to build a Toolchain package and test it on Openmoko. For more details on the downloading and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Trouble while building application package

Hi all! I am new to linux and in my project, i have to build a Toolchain package and test it on Openmoko. For more details on the downloading and installing process im following,

I am facing trouble while building a sample project. The list of instructions that i followed are :
    opkg-target install libmokoui2-dev gconf-dbus-dev

cp -r /usr/local/openmoko/source/openmoko-sample2 ~/

. /usr/local/openmoko/arm/bin/setup-env

om-conf openmoko-sample2

cd openmoko-sample2

make

Every time i execute "make", i get the following error furnished in the Konsole. I have attched a snapshot of the Konsole window. Plzz take a look at it.
    The error :"undefined reference to `gtk_init' " followed by several other 'undefined reference' errors are being shown everytime i try to 'make'. I have searched the internet to find a solution, but couldnt find any.
    Plz help me to get out of this trouble. And plz give me instructions in some simple steps, as i am TOTALLY NEW to linux. :-)

Thanx in advance!

P.S L: The errors being shown are :
    make all-recursive
    make[1]: Entering directory `/root/openmoko-sample2'
    Making all in src
    make[2]: Entering directory `/root/openmoko-sample2/src'
    ccache arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv4t -mtune=arm920t -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -DPKGDATADIR=\"/usr/share/openmoko-sample\" -DTERMINAL_LOCALE_DIR=\""/usr/share/locale"\" -DDATADIR=\""/usr/share"\" -D_GNU_SOURCE -isystem/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/include -Wall -pedantic -std=c99 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/libmokoui2 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/gconf/2 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -isystem/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/include -fexpensive-optimizations -fomit-frame-pointer -frename-registers -Os -MT sample-main.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/sample-main.Tpo -c -o sample-main.o sample-main.c
    sample-main.c: In function ‘main’:
    sample-main.c:36: warning: unused variable ‘icon’
    mv -f .deps/sample-main.Tpo .deps/sample-main.Po
    /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link ccache arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv4t -mtune=arm920t -std=gnu99 -Wall -pedantic -std=c99 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/libmokoui2 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/gconf/2 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -isystem/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/include -fexpensive-optimizations -fomit-frame-pointer -frename-registers -Os -L/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/lib -Wl,-O1 -o openmoko-sample sample-main.o
    libtool: link: ccache arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv4t -mtune=arm920t -std=gnu99 -Wall -pedantic -std=c99 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/libmokoui2 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/gconf/2 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -isystem/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/include -fexpensive-optimizations -fomit-frame-pointer -frename-registers -Os -Wl,-rpath-link -Wl,/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/lib -Wl,-O1 -o openmoko-sample sample-main.o -L/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/lib
    sample-main.o: In function `main':
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x18): undefined reference to `gtk_init'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x20): undefined reference to `g_malloc0'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x2c): undefined reference to `gtk_window_new'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x3c): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x54): undefined reference to `g_signal_connect_data'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x58): undefined reference to `gtk_window_get_type'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x64): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x6c): undefined reference to `gtk_window_set_title'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x70): undefined reference to `gtk_notebook_new'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x78): undefined reference to `gtk_container_get_type'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x88): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x90): undefined reference to `gtk_container_add'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x94): undefined reference to `gtk_notebook_get_type'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0xa4): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0xac): undefined reference to `gtk_notebook_set_tab_pos'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0xb8): undefined reference to `gtk_vbox_new'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0xc8): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0xd8): undefined reference to `gtk_image_new_from_stock'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0xe8): undefined reference to `gtk_notebook_append_page'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0xf4): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x108): undefined reference to `gtk_container_child_set'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x10c): undefined reference to `gtk_toolbar_new'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x114): undefined reference to `gtk_box_get_type'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x124): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x138): undefined reference to `gtk_box_pack_start'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x140): undefined reference to `gtk_tool_button_new_from_stock'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x14c): undefined reference to `gtk_tool_item_set_expand'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x150): undefined reference to `gtk_toolbar_get_type'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x160): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x16c): undefined reference to `gtk_toolbar_insert'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x178): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x180): undefined reference to `gtk_separator_tool_item_new'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x190): undefined reference to `gtk_toolbar_insert'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x198): undefined reference to `gtk_tool_button_new_from_stock'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x1a4): undefined reference to `gtk_tool_item_set_expand'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x1b0): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x1bc): undefined reference to `gtk_toolbar_insert'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x1c8): undefined reference to `gtk_hbox_new'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x1d8): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x1ec): undefined reference to `gtk_box_pack_start'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x1f0): undefined reference to `gtk_toggle_button_new'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x1fc): undefined reference to `gtk_widget_set_name'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x208): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x220): undefined reference to `g_signal_connect_data'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x224): undefined reference to `gtk_button_get_type'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x230): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x240): undefined reference to `gtk_image_new_from_stock'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x24c): undefined reference to `gtk_button_set_image'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x258): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x26c): undefined reference to `gtk_box_pack_start'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x270): undefined reference to `gtk_entry_new'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x27c): undefined reference to `gtk_widget_set_name'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x288): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x298): undefined reference to `g_object_set'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x2a4): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x2b8): undefined reference to `gtk_box_pack_start'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x2bc): undefined reference to `gtk_combo_box_new_text'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x2c8): undefined reference to `gtk_combo_box_get_type'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x2d8): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x2e0): undefined reference to `gtk_combo_box_append_text'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x2ec): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x2f4): undefined reference to `gtk_combo_box_append_text'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x300): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x308): undefined reference to `gtk_combo_box_append_text'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x314): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x31c): undefined reference to `gtk_combo_box_append_text'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x328): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x330): undefined reference to `gtk_combo_box_set_active'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x33c): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x350): undefined reference to `gtk_box_pack_start'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x35c): undefined reference to `gtk_scrolled_window_new'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x364): undefined reference to `gtk_scrolled_window_get_type'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x370): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x37c): undefined reference to `gtk_scrolled_window_set_policy'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x388): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x39c): undefined reference to `gtk_box_pack_start'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x3a8): undefined reference to `gtk_list_store_new'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x3d0): undefined reference to `gtk_list_store_insert_with_values'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x3f4): undefined reference to `gtk_list_store_insert_with_values'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x40c): undefined reference to `gtk_list_store_insert_with_values'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x42c): undefined reference to `gtk_list_store_insert_with_values'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x44c): undefined reference to `gtk_list_store_insert_with_values'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x450): undefined reference to `gtk_tree_model_get_type'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x45c): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x460): undefined reference to `gtk_tree_view_new_with_model'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x468): undefined reference to `gtk_cell_renderer_text_new'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x480): undefined reference to `gtk_tree_view_column_new_with_attributes'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x488): undefined reference to `gtk_tree_view_get_type'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x498): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x4a0): undefined reference to `gtk_tree_view_append_column'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x4ac): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x4b4): undefined reference to `gtk_tree_view_set_headers_visible'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x4c0): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x4c8): undefined reference to `gtk_container_add'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x4d4): undefined reference to `gtk_vbox_new'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x4dc): undefined reference to `gtk_entry_new'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x4e4): undefined reference to `gtk_entry_get_type'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x4f0): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x4f8): undefined reference to `gtk_entry_set_text'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x504): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x518): undefined reference to `gtk_box_pack_start'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x520): undefined reference to `gtk_button_new_from_stock'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x530): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x544): undefined reference to `gtk_box_pack_start'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x54c): undefined reference to `gtk_check_button_new_with_label'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x55c): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x578): undefined reference to `gtk_box_pack_start'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x590): undefined reference to `gtk_spin_button_new_with_range'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x5a0): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x5b4): undefined reference to `gtk_box_pack_start'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x5c0): undefined reference to `gtk_radio_button_new_with_label'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x5d0): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x5e4): undefined reference to `gtk_box_pack_start'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x5e8): undefined reference to `gtk_radio_button_get_type'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x5f4): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x5fc): undefined reference to `gtk_radio_button_new_with_label_from_widget'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x60c): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x620): undefined reference to `gtk_box_pack_start'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x62c): undefined reference to `gtk_radio_button_new_with_label'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x638): undefined reference to `gtk_widget_set_state'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x644): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x658): undefined reference to `gtk_box_pack_start'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x664): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x674): undefined reference to `gtk_image_new_from_stock'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x684): undefined reference to `gtk_notebook_append_page'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x690): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x6a4): undefined reference to `gtk_container_child_set'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x6ac): undefined reference to `gtk_widget_show_all'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x6b0): undefined reference to `gtk_main'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x6b8): undefined reference to `g_free'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x6cc): undefined reference to `gtk_main_quit'
    sample-main.o: In function `search_toggle_cb':
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x760): undefined reference to `gtk_toggle_button_get_type'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x76c): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x770): undefined reference to `gtk_toggle_button_get_active'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x77c): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x784): undefined reference to `gtk_object_get_type'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x794): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x7b8): undefined reference to `g_object_set'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x7c4): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x7d4): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
    sample-main.c:(.text+0x7f4): undefined reference to `g_object_set'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [openmoko-sample] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/openmoko-sample2/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/openmoko-sample2'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Attached Images Attached Images