Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I have a mini laptop eCAFE that came with a Mandriva Linux on him. I want to install Windows XP profesional with SP2. The laptop doesnt have a CD-ROM ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    cTL
    Just Joined!

Install Windows XP on a mini laptop with Mandriva Linux

Hello,

I have a mini laptop eCAFE that came with a Mandriva Linux on him. I want to install Windows XP profesional with SP2.

The laptop doesnt have a CD-ROM but i made a USB bootable with Windows XP sp2 on him but when i plug in the usb flash it tell me that " NTLDR is missing. Press any key to restart " For the first time i think that the problem is with the bootable usb flash, but i tried to install on a DELL INSPIRON 1520 who was windows 7 on him and i install without a problem from the same bootable usb flash.

Can someone help me please? What can i do ?

Hi and Welcome !

Are you planning to dual boot Mandriva and Windows OS or remove Mandriva and install Windows OS only?

Boot up from SuperGRUB USB, boot up from it and select Fix Windows Boot option. It will remove Mandriva's Boot Loader (GRUB) and Windows Installation Media will work fine after that.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First