Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Help!!! Installed Mndrk 10.1. All goes well 'til; "FSCK.EXT3: Unable to resolve 'LABEL=/boot' Failed to check file system. Do you want to repair errors? (y/n)" Type Y and get a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mndrk boot fail 'label=/boot'

Help!!!
    Installed Mndrk 10.1. All goes well 'til;
    "FSCK.EXT3: Unable to resolve 'LABEL=/boot'
    Failed to check file system. Do you want to repair errors? (y/n)"
    Type Y and get a bash (?) prompt.
    What do I do.
    Can you tell I am a DA Noob?
    You guessed it.

Linux Newbie
    Did you use grub or lilo. FSCK.EXT3 means it cant find/read the partition and you need to change that. If you dont like changing config files I suggest reinstalling, use lilo and do not change the mount point. Let us know what loader and what hard disk. ie: are you installing to disk 1 or 2
    we can tell you what to change and how to.

Just Joined!
    Cool!
    Am using lilo on disk 1 (C with Winblows XPire.
    Reinstalled Mdrk twice with same results, loaded it over Fedora Core 1 which was working flawlessly. Just wanted to try another distro. Getting tires of M$ and gates BS.
    Thank you in advance

Linux Newbie
    Well I am glab you got a distro working. LILO is under /etc dir. Make sure the boot/map and the rest is set right. If you need any more help ask.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by blivit
    Reinstalled Mdrk twice with same results, loaded it over Fedora Core 1 which was working flawlessly.
    Sounds familiar. I wish Mandrake would make their product catch up with their marketing. They're giving Linux a bad name.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

Linux Newbie
    I do not use mandrake any more but has been well for me in the past. I am using Whitebox now. Give it a try, www.whiteboxlinux.org . If you like Red Hat you will like it. Oh, and I left mandrake after installing 10.0. I was using RH8/9 and also mandk 9.0/9.2 but as you know RH is no longer. So I installed white box. I love it.

Could it be the 1024CYL limit, that give some people a big headache that isn't needed.
    Nothing is worse than ten penguins fighting over which is better, vi or emacs.
    Registered Linux User #404402
    Finally I'm back on LF after a long while.

Linux Newbie
    no that is not it. that was a prob long ago but not any more. did you try and use grub w/ you mandrake install?

Just Joined!
    I'm good!!! hahaha
    Took a lucky guess and changed loading to / instead of /boot and it works. Now all I have to do is get the internet to work. Mocem dials out and talks to my ISP then it times out and disconnects.
    Screen resolution only gives me a choice of 800x600. FC1 would give me a choice of 1024xXXX. Mndrk 10.1 looks childish next to FC1. After all the frustration it's a let down.

Hey guys, thanx for all the help.
    The more I use Linux the more I am determined to dump XPire.

Linux Newbie
    Well yes you must mount it right. LOL! Dont forget your can use any window manager of choice. KDE, Gnome, Enlightenment, Window Maker, and more. Also you can change themes, look at themes.freshmeat.net. I do agree how ever that it does look like some kid-type OS but remember that Mandrake is pushing to be a desktop replacement that can sell with PC's. It does sell on some laptops as an alt. choice. That is a good thing hence the M$ fee.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast