Hi all:

I am trying to create a boot CD that will load all the necessary drivers (network, USB, and PCMCIA). I already setup a machine with all the RPMs from Mandrake 10.0 on it as a urpmi source.

My goal is to be able to pop this CD into any desktop/laptop, reboot, and it will go directly to this repository and retrieve auto_inst.cfg (specifies what RPMs to retrieve), and installs Mandrake 10.0 on the machine.

I had this working for Mandrake 9.2, the CD images I had were sucked out of the standard 9.2 CDs. Namely, it has network.img and pcmcia.img (thus 2 CDs, one only loads standard network drivers, one only loads PCMCIA drivers). With Mandrake 10.0, I cannot do this anymore... I copied what I did for Mandrake 9.2, burned a CD with the network.img boot image on it. But when I booted this up, it asked me to insert a floppy to load the network drivers. Mandrake docs mention that I need to make a floppy with network_drivers.img, but the problem is, none of these machines have floppy drives...

Ideally, I would like to be able to have one CD that just have all the drivers, so when I boot up, I don't have to worry about what drivers need to be loaded. Second best scenario for me would be to have a selectable menu to choose which image to boot from (pamcia.img? network.img? usb.img?) The least favorable scenario is to have different CDs for different boot images.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?