Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi every body, i have a problem installing this kernel. I'm not an expert and so i followed some instructions on the web. All continues to work for my old ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

pb installation kernel 2.6.8 under mandrake 9.1

Hi every body,

i have a problem installing this kernel.
    I'm not an expert and so i followed some instructions on the web.
    All continues to work for my old kernel 2.4.21, but when i boot on the new kernel, first i don't see the result of the compilation (sreen is black). At the end, it opens me a session but my drivers ever installed are not seen and i cannot any more configure the net.
    Does somebody would have an idea about my problem ?
    i thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,
    Al.

Just Joined!
    boot back to your old kernel and check the Config files used to create the new kernel and see if there are any things you may have missed such as leaving in drivers that check for things your system doe's not have or make sure that somthing your system needs was not left out of the new kernel. also make sure you re-configure lilo or grub again (i know you probably did, but could not hurt to check) main thing is to take your time and go through it a little at a time, double check every thing you will find the error and most likely it will be somthing small or easy to over look.

Hope this helps and that i have provided the right info to you.

Russell Morton