Find the answer to your Linux question:
Alright I D/L the ppc version of mandrake cause i have a powerbook, and then I burnt the 3 isos using toast and I made sure it was a ISO ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Boot Disk Problem

Alright I D/L the ppc version of mandrake cause i have a powerbook, and then I burnt the 3 isos using toast and I made sure it was a ISO disk. When i start up my computer and press alt+apple+o+f like the instructions told me too, but when i type in the prompt I should it says disk file too small what does this mean? and the prompt makes the computer boot off of the yaboot program from the iso

Just Joined!
    how big is the Hdd in the PPC ?, you may have to select fewer packages then try again also if you custom partitioned you may have set the mount ("/") partion as smaller than needed to install the default selection, if that is the case then select custom partion and make sure you make enough space on it to install then select the rest of the partitions made earlier and delete them leaving only the corrrect sized mount partion ( "/" ) and select auto-allocate and then click next, then on the next screen after that click install and follow all on screen prompts.

Hope this helps.

Russell Morton.

Just Joined!
    i made the 2nd partition 10gbs when in the instructions it said the minimum is 2gbs so i'm pretty sure i made it big enough but yeah and the 1st partition has a total of 45gbs of free space

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close