Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys , it's my first day of my life with linux (mandrake 10.1) and i am really astonished...but i don't know how to run the unix command prompt......is it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help for mandrake 10.1

Hey guys , it's my first day of my life with linux (mandrake 10.1) and i am really astonished...but i don't know how to run the unix command prompt......is it possible?i mean if there is something equivalent to the dos command prompt of xp , thank you guys ...sorry for the silly question , but i am a linux newbie!

Just Joined!
    yeah there is a terminal window but the normal dos commands your thinking of will not work things like:

Delete, undelete, ect but there are lots of tutorials here and else where that explain shell scripts and how to use them my fav is the BASH shell it is easier to use.

Now there on your task bar at the bottom is a little icon that looks like a monitor click on that and you will be in a shell (command line), this can also be found by clicking on the star at the far left bottom corner of the taskbar on a pop up list marked "terminal".

hope this helps, Enjoy your new OS !

Just Joined!
    oh yea it works , thank you russell!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    your welcome, and again enjoy your new OS !