Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I doubt highly that you had a spare drive configured previously. It is more likely that the drive that is "spare" has been removed from the RAID set due to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

I doubt highly that you had a spare drive configured previously. It is more likely that the drive that is "spare" has been removed from the RAID set due to corruption/sync error. If the array is running in a "degraded" state, it expects that a drive needs to be re-added and the array should be re-synced.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by HROAdmin26 View Post
    Is the RAID set mounted? I don't see it...

* I think you're confused about the "free space" numbers you posted. If a folder doesn't have a volume mounted under it, it will report the disk numbers of the parent filesystem (in your case, I assume that is /)

You may need to manually fix your RAID set to see what's going on. Since the RAID set isn't even running/active, you don't know if there is a filesystem issue.

See if any md device is running:
    Code:
    cat /proc/mdstat
    See what the last saved config of md looks like:
    Code:
    cat /etc/mdadm.conf
    See if all disks are showing up:
    Code:
    fdisk -l
    i am using the graphical control center for partitions and dont see it, is there a way to mount and not messing anything up. the folder still shows up under /itx/home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2