Find the answer to your Linux question:
I can't get my modem to work what so ever. The model name it gives in Windows XP is Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem. But when in the Linux program ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Modem

I can't get my modem to work what so ever. The model name it gives in Windows XP is Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem. But when in the Linux program HardDrake it is under the tab unknown and its name is "SV92P SV92P PCI" company Agere System. I have spent at least 10 hours if not more trying to get it to work any one have any idea what to do to make it work?

I'm running Linux Mandrake 10.0 Official. Also I'm new to Linux so I don't know very much stuff yet.

Linux Guru
    Without knowing more, it looks like you may have a Lucent Modem. I've never played much with getting winmodems working on linux, but you should be able to get a lot more info here:

http://www.linmodems.org/
    http://www.heby.de/ltmodem

I see that there are Mandrake drivers available, which leads me to believe that their only for Club members. You should still be able to get them from plf or contrib via urpmi. Otherwise, d/l the source and install it yourself.

Hope that helps somewhat,
    Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    Now my modem says it is initializing but it never does anything more than that. I'm the thinking the reason for that is because it's probably trying to use tone but I have pulse. So then my question is, how do I change it from tone to pulse.