Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I had virtualbox installed and by a stupid mistake I changed the path to the vbox linux kernel, and now the masinary does not work. How can I uninstall ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

VirtualBox problems

Hi, I had virtualbox installed and by a stupid mistake I changed the path to the vbox linux kernel, and now the masinary does not work. How can I uninstall it and restore the box?

Here is the error, and a screen shot.

Error! Your kernel source for kernel 2.6.33.7-desktop586-1mnb cannot be found at
    /lib/modules/2.6.33.7-desktop586-1mnb/build or /lib/modules/2.6.33.7-desktop586-1mnb/source.
    You can use the --kernelsourcedir option to tell DKMS where it's located.
    Failed to install using DKMS, attempting to install without
    Makefile:159: *** Error: unable to find the sources of your current Linux kernel. Specify KERN_DIR=<directory> and run Make again. Stop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you still have the vbox kernel, and the mistake was that you moved it, can you not restore it to where it originally was since that's where VB is looking for it? Failing that, you could download and install the newest version which should not harm or write over presently installed virtual clients.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    i still have the packages, just it can't find it. downloaded it again and the same thing it says...

maybe it needs a full uninstall but i do not know how.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quick suggestion:
    Google desktop | Mandriva Forum

In my experience, Google Desktop search finds justs about everything in the computer I've looked for. After the Google desktop install, use it to find the kernel source for kernel 2.6.33.7-desktop586-1mnb.