Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
When I try and install mandrake 10.1 there is always the following error: Could not uncompress second stage ramdisk. This is probably a hardware error caused while reading the data ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandrake 10.1 install help

When I try and install mandrake 10.1 there is always the following error:
    Could not uncompress second stage ramdisk. This is probably a hardware error caused while reading the data (this could be cause by a hardware failure or Linux kernel bug).
    I have tried a few differnt boot modes, but all of them have returned this error. All help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Just Joined!
    have you checked your memory? would be my first guess... but then i'm a n00b with linux so I'm just guessing here that ramdisk is in fact loaded in your memory...

Linux Guru
    Maybe it's a bad disc?

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    I really don't think it's anything to do with the disk and it shouldn't be to do with the memory, but oh well. I checked my ISO and the MD5's are like 100% different so I don't really know...I'm not sure if it was really the MD5, because I got a wierd program and it froze when I tried to check the 2nd and 3rd disks.

Linux Guru
    I checked my ISO and the MD5's are like 100% different

Just Joined!
    I checked the MD5 of my CD1 ISO...And it was like 100% different from the one on the website.

Linux Guru
    I see. So were you able to install MDK then?

Jeremy

Just Joined!
    I will be, yes, as soon as I have the CD3 and CD1 on CD's :P
    They were both corrupted

Just Joined!

Uncompress Ramdisk on DVD error

Hey guys,

I am really new to linux. I've installed RH8-9 and Mandrake 9-10 on computers without a problem (well ok a couple, and kind of worked that out through google) but now I'm trying to install Mandrake 10.1 official on my laptop, and I get the same error, the ramdisk uncompress error... When trying to burn the iso image to a dvd, through nero, it tells me that the file is not big enough for the dvd. I tried burning it with burn4free as well, but to no avail, still the same error.... I would try installing it through the iso on the hard drive, or crack the iso and do it that way, but I don't have a clue how. Will any of you be willing to help me? Thanks.

Inspiron 8600 60g hdd 512 ram 64 vid 4x dvd+rw etc...

Re: Uncompress Ramdisk on DVD error

but now I'm trying to install Mandrake 10.1 official on my laptop, and I get the same error, the ramdisk uncompress error...
    Let me see if I understand this. You get the same error after reading the above posts you do/don't understand how to fix the problem? Are you also saying that you have two software burning programs loaded at the same time? That would be known as: CONFLICT, CONFLICT, CONFLICT.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast