Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have installed mandrake linux on my slave hard drive but i cant seem to boot in linux. What do i do to get to linux? HELP PLEASE!...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Windows on master and Mandrake on slave

I have installed mandrake linux on my slave hard drive but i cant seem to boot in linux. What do i do to get to linux? HELP PLEASE!

Linux Engineer
    When u installed what option did you choose regarding the bootstrap?
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Linux Newbie
    Can you access windows? What options did you choose when installing linux? Also what version of windows do you have and also mandrake do you have.

Just Joined!
    I have windows xp pro service pack 1 and mandrake 10...when i installed it, it asked for boot sequence and i told it to boot the slave first...I'm gonna try something...let me know what yall think and I'll check back later, but in the mean time I'm gonna play with the bios!

Just Joined!
    i have the same problem her..currently i hav windows xp on the primary master and linux on the primary slave but the bootloader lilo doesnt starts..instead a L appears followerd by subsequent 99 n 99. For me to boot into windows, i had to fix the mbr but nw i dun get to boot into linux....can someone help me?"thanks man......

Linux Engineer
    I might be mistaken but...

1st even if you choose to boot from the Slave, if you choose to install the bootloader on the master, things will never get solved.

2nd If during the installation you choose not to create a boot loader.. :S well you might have to make another install with that option... im pretty sure you wont have to re-install the whole package but you'll need to create one (bootloader) and unless you know how... well the CD is pretty much your best friend

3nd If you choose to make the BootLoader on the Slave and you try to boot from the slave... It might be corrupted... solution from "2nd" will probly solve your problem...

hope this helps a little
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps