Find the answer to your Linux question:
Originally Posted by fingal Hi - copy all your new sound files into /usr/share/sounds . Then visit System>Control Centre>Sound & Multimedia>System Notifications . You should be able to see your ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Lost In KDE

Quote Originally Posted by fingal View Post
    Hi - copy all your new sound files into /usr/share/sounds . Then visit System>Control Centre>Sound & Multimedia>System Notifications . You should be able to see your sound files from in there, and select them for things like starting up/shutting down.

All this assumes that you are using KDE. Hope this helps you.
    Hey, uhm I'm kind of new to KDE so how do I reach the System you mentioned in: System>Control Centre>Sound & Multimedia>System Notifications? Thanks a lot in advance.

In KDE 4.5.x: KDE Menu->System settings->Application and System Notifications->Manage Notifications.
    There you can change all notification settings, including sounds, for your KDE. To change the global sound output settings, go to System settings->Multimedia.
    Refining Linux Advent calendar: 24 Outstanding ZSH Gems

Just Joined!
    Thanks, I actually found out it is a shade different for Mandriva Linux but this pointed me in the right direction.

I described it from my "plain" KDE here on Gentoo.
    Glad, you found what you were looking for.
    Refining Linux Advent calendar: 24 Outstanding ZSH Gems