Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
ok thanks so far. You got me in the right direction. the problem is definatly in the sigon.txt. I cut the whole sighon.txt and dropped in into a storage folder. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ok thanks so far. You got me in the right direction. the problem is definatly in the
    sigon.txt.

I cut the whole sighon.txt and dropped in into a storage folder. booted firefox and got no pop-up

then I put the signon.txt back into folder and booted firefox. then the pop-up came back. cool. this is starting to make sense. what I dont understand is what you said about deleting the whole user (*.default) dir. ??

Should I only have to edit out the text in the signon.txt. ?

Linux Engineer
    Yes the signon should be the only thing to edit ...
    but I got confused with the 3 "user" that firefox specified so I assumed there was mabye more then 1 profile (*.ini and *.default folder)

\"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    ok Now I fully figured this out.

Here is how this happened.
    I goto a forum that requires a login. I use firefox. after i enter user name and password Firefox prompts me a question about save. I hit yes to remember., Welll...

my friend comes over and logs into the same forum using firefox. of cuz he has a different user and pass so when firefox asks to save this he does. So a new "profile" is created.

So now when I log into that forum and at the login/pass prompt firefox notices TWO users associated with this. I had never seen this. and there is NO WAY through firefox tools/tabs to manage this (maybe in the future )

So, like you precisely pointed out. You have to edit the signon.txt file to remove these login managers.

Also you can goto the default user folder and just delete the signon.txt. Now when you reboot firefox and save login/pass it will create a new signon.txt

Thanks alot, It was fun!!

Linux Engineer
    glad we came to a solution
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2