Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I run MDK 10.1 Community and I have Mozille FIREFOX installed. Everytime I connect through Firefox to a site I get prompted by the Password Manager. Does anyone here know ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Firefox Password Manager

I run MDK 10.1 Community and I have Mozille FIREFOX installed.
    Everytime I connect through Firefox to a site I get prompted by the Password Manager.
    Does anyone here know how I can edit/delete user or user info in this password manager in Firefox? The thing is getting annoying when I goto forums and this password manager keeps popping up.

Thanks

Linux Guru
    Tools -> options -> privacy

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    Thanks. I had to go edit, pref, privacy, and click OFF saved passwords. Then restart Firefox. Seems you have to turn this off before you clear the password information.

But... if you go back and click on "save passowrds" the old information comes back! arrrggggsshhhh. I need to figure this out. I dont want to result in a re-install of Firefox.

Linux Engineer
    But... if you go back and click on "save passowrds" the old information comes back!
    What do you meen by the old information comes back?
    do you want to remove ALL saved password from the saved password file?
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    Ok.. see this little firefox popup window? How do I remove or edit this info? see pic below.

Linux Engineer
    did you check remember password?
    if so remove you shouldnt have that box!
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    Ok, if you do that (click remember passowrds off), you'll have no dialog box.

Now, click it back on and the same information is there. How do you edit this information? Or maybe the question is "where?"

Linux Engineer
    Good...

Mozilla created 3 profiles as it looks

first you need to find your .mozilla folder.
    mine is in /home/<userName>/.mozilla
    it is a hidden file so you need to set the view.

in .mozilla, you will find firefox
    in firefox, you will have a set of *.default for each profile mozilla created... you'll need to delete the one that you dont want.... the name are randomly generated.
    now that you've deleted the 2 profile (is its the case) you need to remove the one yuou removed, in the profiles.ini

preferably, you should keep the profile0 since its the first one you created and usually the one you want to keep. then.
    in the *.default left, you will see a signon.txt

edit this file by removing the "USER/PASS" associated with the site you dont want no more...

hope this helps you

if not dont hesitate with more details

Just Joined!
    cd /home/xxxx
    cd ~/.mozilla
    cd firefox
    and inside of profiles.ini there is allready ONLY profile 0.

As you will see on the popup window there are 3 users. usbvodka,dark majik, dak majik.
    Well, I cannot find these users anywhere inside firefox. This dont seem to be working.

Linux Engineer
    ok
    do you have more then one "user" on the compute?
    like user

and in your firefox do you have more then one *.default folder?
    its in this file that the sigon.txt is kept...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast