Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have mandrake 10.1 and installed drivers for my wireless card (using the acx111 drivers off sourceforge) It worked eventually after an hour of set up, made the changes so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Randomly working internet

I have mandrake 10.1 and installed drivers for my wireless card (using the acx111 drivers off sourceforge)

It worked eventually after an hour of set up, made the changes so that it would start automatically on boot....

But it didnt work the next time, so i configured it manually again, same as before and it still wouldnt work....

now sometimes it works, sometiems it dosnt!

But even when the internet is not working i can still ping my router just not any external sites.

any tips on getting it working???

well:
    what is the model of the wireless card you are using, are you using a driver compatible with your kernel, and which kernel are you using?
    -lakerdonald

ola
    Just Joined!
    Hi,
    I wondor whether you have your firewall on on your computer..
    If its on and you are behind a hardware firewall you could try swithching off temporary the firewall on your computer. If you have no problems afterwords reaching the Internet so you possibly have a problem with the sett up of your softwarefirewall

Good luck

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close