Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi i'm using Mandrake 10.1 official ,kernel2.6.8, i can play movies and mp3s and get the sound but if i want to record or use my mic it always give ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

mic not working on AC'97on board but can play mp3 with snd

hi
    i'm using Mandrake 10.1 official ,kernel2.6.8, i can play movies and mp3s and get the sound but if i want to record or use my mic it always give some errors my sound card is integrated AC'97 5.1 .so i dun know what to do i would like to use my mic
    help

Linux Engineer
    When posting about errors *please* post the exact error messages, what you were trying to do at the time, and the name and version of the programs that gave you the errors...
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Just Joined!
    if i use gnome meeting and when setting the preferrences ,i do the test to check wehther i can record and play back but even i talk to the mic i cannot get any sound back
    if i use sound recorder and i press the record button the program just exit for itself
    i install skype but if my if i call my friend i cannot hear the ringing and talk to him he cannot also get me
    but i can use amarok and play my mp3s fine ,i cannot use totem player ,real player and get the sound