Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am trying to setup a bitcoin mining pool webserver on the latest desktop release of Mandriva Linux. The program called "pushpoold" uses JSON-RPC HTTP to connect mining clients ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Bitcoin Pushpoold Problems

Hi, I am trying to setup a bitcoin mining pool webserver on the latest desktop release of Mandriva Linux. The program called "pushpoold" uses JSON-RPC HTTP to connect mining clients to the server so the server can distribute "blocks" to the mining clients.

All the the prerequisites are listed below:

Pre-Req
    *Pushpool | Source:forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=8707.0]pushpool - open source pool software
    *Jansson | Source:digip.org/jansson/releases/jansson-2.0.1.tar.gz
    *LibMemcached | Source: aunchpad.net/libmemcached
    *Zlib
    *OpenSSL
    *Libevent
    *Curl
    *Database (Mysql, SQLite3, PostqleSQL)

The problem comes in to play with Jansson v2.0.1 which has to be compiled and installed using basic auto tools

./configure
    make
    make install

Pretty straight forward and it compiles and installs without error. When I try and run pushpoold I get the error below:

./pushpoold: error while loading shared libraries: libjansson.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have looked and the file libjansson.so.4 is actually a link and not a file to another file which is the actual library file and is also present and there.

All the files seem to be in the right place....I do not understand what could be wrong? I am logged in as root and all this is done under root so permissions should not be an issue.

Please help as the bitcoin community claims this is some type of programming issue as it works fine on a Ubuntu build but not on my Mandriva box? What is different?

Thanks in advance!

Just Joined!
    Wow, NOBODY on this forum can help with this problem? I thought this was a linux forum?