Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have this and i can't get it to work with Mandrake 9.2. I have the linux drivers from the thomso site, but i cannot see the mgmt.o file ANYWHERE! ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thomson speedtouch modem and a few other things

I have this and i can't get it to work with Mandrake 9.2. I have the linux drivers from the thomso site, but i cannot see the mgmt.o file ANYWHERE! where is it, so can you give me a link to somewhere that will explain in easy steps how to do it.

Also I'm trying to mount my windows HDD so i can access the stuff on my other partition, any ideas?

and a C compiler forMandrake? anyone?

EDIT: one other thing, i have spybot, adawre, AVG and black ice from my other partition to put on it, how do i install from .exe on Mandrake?

Linux Newbie
    Sorry I can not help with your modem at this time. Is it DSL/ADSL or other. Second to mount the drive do 'mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1' assuming its a IDE drive installed on C: you want. Last, you would like to install those programs on linux? Linux comes with a firewall. Also you would be useing mozilla unless you install firefox or opera. In any case you would not have to worry about spyware or things of that nature. For anti-virus look at clamav. clamwin for windows. Oh, and before I forget look at gc++. If that does you no good then head over to sourceforge and do a search.

Just Joined!
    adsl thompson modem: the linux mandrake (atleast 10.0) has native support for this. you should be able to install from the configure my computer - install software part with the installation cd's. search for adsl in the programme and it will install with all the dependancies with one click.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Thompson Modem

Not sure if you have managed to get your modem working yet - if not then try this site where you will get all the answers. This is the best solution I have seen and it does work.

http://www.4p8.com/eric.brasseur/spe...le_fedora.html

Regards - High-Gain