Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Pfft...I should've asked that earlier. You're using SCSI emulation and trying to burn via ATAPI devices. Try it like this: Code: cdrecord dev=1,0,0 ......
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Pfft...I should've asked that earlier. You're using SCSI emulation and trying to burn via ATAPI devices. Try it like this:

Code:
    cdrecord dev=1,0,0 ...
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    Now I am using Gentoo, lots of changes.

After wrestling with my computer (or my ignorance) for about a week (include about 36 hrs. of KDE compile time), I have an (almost) fully-functional gentoo box! I am so far very impressed and hope to never have to switch distros again.

As of now, I am emerging k3b, hopefully it will work better on this system.

Quote Originally Posted by ibnpaul
    Now I am using Gentoo, lots of changes.

After wrestling with my computer (or my ignorance) for about a week (include about 36 hrs. of KDE compile time), I have an (almost) fully-functional gentoo box! I am so far very impressed and hope to never have to switch distros again.

As of now, I am emerging k3b, hopefully it will work better on this system.
    Gentoo fixes all.

Hopefully everything will work correctly now...
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    Back here, again... :oops:

I left off attempts at burning, and have been exclusively using portage to install packages. However, my need for a CD once again brought me to k3b, this time w/ gentoo, under root, running cdrecord 2.1, and kernel 2.6.9-gentoo-r6.

In short: it hangs at the fixation process. This is after a fewCDs worked properly. I had also opened up another x session by using ctrl+alt+f1 and tried to emerge wine while I was burning, I don't know if that contributed at all.

Thanks for all the help.

I hate to tell you this, but every time I've had a burner that hangs at the fixation step, the burner was broken; I was able to read CDs but not successfully write to them.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    'Tis an old one ...(HP CD-Writer+ 8100i, sporting a whopping 4x/2x/12x (Ithink))

I also checked the /var/msg/everything/current log (I assume this is the right one, seems to be set up differently on gentoo) but no mention was made of k3b at all... :?:

If anyone has any other suggestions, besides getting a new burner (not that that is a bad one, I amplanning on doing that inshaa Allaah as soon as I get enough $), please let me know, as it did successfully burn 2 CDs before this problem, tho I haven't tested them yet.

Also as I was writing that, I remembered that I was having a problem with the burner that it would write CDs, but the computer would not recognizr the CDs as having data on them. Perhaps the old girl is dead after all...

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2