Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am new to Linux, just installed Mandriva 2011 but my wireless network card is not recognized. I can boot the pc with Backtrack 5 and the wireless works. The ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

No wireless with Mandriva

I am new to Linux, just installed Mandriva 2011 but my wireless network card is not recognized. I can boot the pc with Backtrack 5 and the wireless works. The ethernet card on this pc is also broken. Any suggestions to get my wireless card to work. Which version of linux has the best support for wireless?

Hello and Welcome!

Take a look through this post: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/wir...tml#post701169
    There is a small script in there that you can transfer back and forth using a USB drive.
    Run the script in Mandriva, and post back here with the results.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Hello,
    Not all wireless cards work well with Linux out of the box. Supposedly the ASUS N13 is one of those adapters that do work right out of the box though I have not tried it. I am using Linux Lubuntu and had to use NDIS Wrapper to get my wireless adapter to work. I tried using a Netgear WAN 3100 but even in ndis it was not too stable. I am now using a linksys that works great. NDIS has a simple graphical interface you can use that make the process of loading the wireless driver a fairly easy process.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close