Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everybody, i'm making an automatic procedure for schedule an export dump from a Oracle database installed in Windows and after import in a mysql database installed in Mandriva . ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Oracle2mysql in Mandriva

Hello everybody,
    i'm making an automatic procedure for schedule an export dump from a Oracle database installed in Windows and after import in a mysql database installed in Mandriva .
    i have non problem for making the dump from windows but i don't find a tool that work in command line for convert the dump for mysql .
    Thanks for answers.

There is no tool.
    This is work for skilled database administrators.
    And they will most likely tell you to stay with oracle or at the very least use postgres instead of mysql.

It might very well be, that a straight migration is not possible at all due to missing features, or orcale only features
    and instead a re-implementation of
    a) the databases design
    b) and the upper application is needed.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irithori View Post
    There is no tool.
    This is work for skilled database administrators.
    And they will most likely tell you to stay with oracle or at the very least use postgres instead of mysql.

It might very well be, that a straight migration is not possible at all due to missing features, or orcale only features
    and instead a re-implementation of
    a) the databases design
    b) and the upper application is needed.
    I have no doubt about your competence and i don't want to know what the work is skilled for , so , i think there should be a solution , mainly because i find many solution for make the convert with a toll gui . My problem is only to make an automatic procedure for schedule this operation .

thank you anyway

I was not talking about me at all.

Which gui tool is that?
    And maybe it can be scripted and/or has a commandline tools as well?

The issue is, that oracle has way more features than mysql.
    I very much doubt that the whole set can be migrated or work-around for mysql.
    So that gui tool surely has documentation, what can be migrated and what not.

Just Joined!
    Sorry Irithory ,
    probably my English is not very well . I want export only some data in some table .
    Anyway , I find a command line for windows , od2sagent, that is for my case . Better is if i find for linux .

Tables only?
    Hmm, that might be possible.

Maybe my train of thoughts was wrong also:
    I assumed, one only buys a rather expensive oracle licence, if one needs and uses its features.

I dont know such a script/tool from the top of my head, but will search the usual spots and report back to you here, if s/th usefull shows up.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by senjor View Post
    Hello everybody,
    i'm making an automatic procedure for schedule an export dump from a Oracle database installed in Windows and after import in a mysql database installed in Mandriva .
    i have non problem for making the dump from windows but i don't find a tool that work in command line for convert the dump for mysql .
    Thanks for answers.
    There is no straight-forward way to do this. You will need a meld of things on both OS to make it all work.
    Oracle has a command line tool to load and unload data.
    You will have to create a oracle *.CTL file that you will be feed to command-line program to unload the data fields. The script should:

• Erase previous files, or create with a date/time in the name.
    • run the script to unload the data
    • ftp the extracted file to the targeted machine

- Place the above commands as well as other into a *.bat file or a *.sh depending on the OS. This script will be added to the OS scheduler to run at a set time. You might want to add to your script to determine whether the last execution of the script is not still running.

- Create a script on the target machine to load the data. It should do the reverse steps of script found above. This script should be placed in the OS scheduler.

One thing, you must be sure that the time is correct or close on both machines. Otherwise, it will be out of sync.

I hope this helps