Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi ! I'm new in Linux (Mandriva 2011) I also keep Windows 7 till i'm ready to use only Mandriva 2011. So i got them both installed on my Acer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't boot Mandriva 2011 after it was working for a while !

Hi !
    I'm new in Linux (Mandriva 2011) I also keep Windows 7 till i'm ready to use only Mandriva 2011.
    So i got them both installed on my Acer 7730 laptop and i was started exploring and using Mandriva with KDE for about a week.
    I've put some pic as desktop theme and a weather application on it too. Next time when i tried to boot Mandriva 2011 i pressed enter to it and here is what came out on the display:

kernel (hd0.5)/boot/vmlinuz boot_image=linux root=UUID=c06cce31-7044-4884-a2cf
    -1615316418dd logo.nologo quiet resume=UUID=72654083-66b9-483c-8ccd-4065441
    04a40 splash=silent vga=788
    [Linux-bzimage, setup=0x4200, size=0x342d90]
    initrd (hd0.5)/boot/initrd. img

It was the same next few times i tried to boot it !

So , please if someone could help me to solve this problem i will be very grateful !!!

Just Joined!
    Looks like a bootloader issue to me. I would reccomend downloading Parted Magic & using the boot repair utlity that comes with it. For someone new to linux, this is probably the easiest thing to try. Simply download & burn parted magic to a cd & boot from it. Find the "Boot Repair" menu item (under accessories I think) Run it & follow the insructions. Then reboot & see if that fixes it.