Find the answer to your Linux question:
Anyone out there running America's Army, Installed and everything except sound works, can't figure it out. Sound works everywhere else, i.e when I'm not running the game. Using Alsa sound ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sound

Anyone out there running America's Army, Installed and everything except sound works, can't figure it out. Sound works everywhere else, i.e when I'm not running the game. Using Alsa sound system.

Linux Engineer
    If thats the only soft that sounds doesnt work, have you looked into this app own configuration?
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    Yes, tried all settings and can't get a squeak out of it.

Just Joined!
    OK thanks, got it working now with "killall artssd", then start game.

Linux Engineer
    990i what is this process artssd?
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    I think, but am not sure, it is the sound system that America's Army uses for ingame sound, prior to this, I was playing MP3's in Amarok, and maybe I needed to release resources. Got this fix off an America's Army forum.