Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hallo Guys, Please help me?, my server operation win NT 4.0 I try to connect with Linux Mandrake 10. How to connect my LINUX Mandrake to Win NT 4.0. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to connect Mandrake to Win NT 4.0 via LAN

Hallo Guys,

Please help me?, my server operation win NT 4.0 I try to connect with Linux Mandrake 10. How to connect my LINUX Mandrake to Win NT 4.0. I try to modify system configurations - > Network configuration. My IP address in server is 192.168.100.XXX, why not connected to my Linux?. Please help me. how to connect my linux to win NT.

Thanks

Try Samba for networking with linux and windblows
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!

Always NT

thanks for your respond.

I already used NT 4.0 as our server for last couple years. And if we want to use another software, it will takes many times. In this case "samba" for example. thats why we still find a way to make connection bettween Mandrakelilnux with our server NT. Can you give us the result, how to make the connection in order our server will still usefull instead to use another new server. Thanks

I've never used Samba, so I'd look around the web and this site to see how to set it up.
    All I know is that you set it up on the Mandrake computer, and then the NT server will be able to detect it under network settings (or whatever NT has for setting up networks);

Maybe someone else will help you set up Samba;

seasons greetings;

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2