Find the answer to your Linux question:
I Tried to trash Windows too but now I am in trouble with the pinguin ... I bought Linux Mandrake 10.1 (three CDs-Italian version) enclosed in Linux Magazine, I installed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

What must I digit in LocalHost window???

I Tried to trash Windows too but now I am in trouble with the pinguin ...

I bought Linux Mandrake 10.1 (three CDs-Italian version) enclosed in Linux Magazine, I installed the software (CD1) and finished with success but a few minutes after the shutdown of the PC, the system appears a window on the monitor called "LocalHost" and ask me a Username and a Password that I don't know 'cause during the installation of the software I didn't digit an username and a password and during the installation when the software asked me to digit an username or password or every information I let always the fields blank.

Sigh!

Can you Help me???

Perhaps I must create at least an username?

I don't know, I am sad now!

Thanks!

Billy.

P.S.: I think isn't necessary to say that I am not expert in Operative System ...

Linux Guru
    During installation, you should've been prompted for a root password. If not, something went seriously wrong. You should've also been prompted to configure the display. This isn't as obvious. I would reinstall, making sure to pay attention to the root user, making sure to add at least one user and make sure to configure X. (It's one of the last screens).

Good luck!
    Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    Thanks Jeremy, I followed your instruction and now the pinguin is in my PC too!
    In fact I had to create at least an username and it's running, it's all right.
    I will continue ti install the CD2 and the CD3 but If I will have problems I will came back here.

Thank you again and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Billy.

Linux Guru
    You're welcome

Happy holidays to you, too.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude