Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all. I've been trying to copy cds with k3b yet unsuccessfully. I can't get the option on the fly cause i have only one option, the writer burner driver. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Can't copy cd with K3B

Hi all.

I've been trying to copy cds with k3b yet unsuccessfully. I can't get the option on the fly cause i have only one option, the writer burner driver. i figured i could just go ahead and burn not on the fly, like placing the cds on the same drive. But i get the following error message: "No cdrdao driver found". This is really odd cause actually i can burn rewritables and stuff. Any 's?

Maybe you could try and specify the path to the cd drive your trying to copy from, it would be something like /mnt/cd1 or something;

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

I just googled the problem and now i can actually copy cds. The problem is that i got another drive doing nothing cause i can't burn on the fly. The previous mistake was actually that i had the wrong driver selected on the k3b settings. Now i just need to add the other optical drive so that i could copy on the fly.

Thanks dylunio, but how do i put the path if the options placed are inside a dropdown list box?

I was thinking more in the line of creating a 'new data cd' and specifying it to burn what was in /dev/dvd or whatever your acces point is for your drives;

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Ok, now i get it. I'll just try to figure out how to do that.