Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, I'm minorly new to linux, I've been using live CD distros for a while, but just recently decided to take the next step and decided to install mandrake. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Serious Help Needed!

Hey guys,

I'm minorly new to linux, I've been using live CD distros for a while, but just recently decided to take the next step and decided to install mandrake. Well, things actualy went good, I installed the first cd, and was having some fun trying to figure things out. Then, having a few problems, I decided to re-boot back into my Windows 2000 computer.

Using mandrakes little boot choser thing I selected windows, and it worked, I was directed to the screen that I normaly see when I am choosing between 2000 and 98. Sadly, when I chose the windows 2000 choice (just like I always do) I got an error message:

"Windows 2000 could not start because of a computer configuration problem. Could not read from selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware"

What the heck does this mean? If I can't start to windows 2000 I am seriously screwed. All of my importiant work from years is on there. Is it possible that it was formated? I have most of my stuff backed up onto another partition, but it is on the same drive.

How can I fix this? I can get to the menu that lets me chose safe mode and all that, but, it doesn't do anything. Any help would be awesome. T

Thanks in advance!!

Luke

Linux Engineer
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!

THANKYOU

That's awesome man! Thanks for the very prompt reply.

Luke

Linux Guru
    Before you change anything to fix Windows, print out a copy of your Lilo configuration and your partition table. Depending on what the Windows fix is, it may break your Mandrake. If you have the suggested information, it will help to get both working like they should.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better