Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have the FRITZ!Card USB v2.1 (by AVM company) which enables me to connect to the Internet. When Mandrake 10.1 was installed they recognised my controller as an ISDN adapter. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I cant connect to the Internet

I have the FRITZ!Card USB v2.1 (by AVM company) which enables me to connect to the Internet. When Mandrake 10.1 was installed they recognised my controller as an ISDN adapter. But when I make a connection to the internet, the fritz card doesnt respond as the indicator stays off. Then I tried to compile the drivers (http://www.avm.de/ftp/cardware/fritz.../linux/suse.91) but the terminal gives me error messages. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!

Linux Newbie
    What error messages?

Linux Engineer
    Pyrkavlos
    as asked
    Quote Originally Posted by daemonOS
    What error messages?
    It is mendatory that when you mention an error message of any type, that you post the actual message... it's almost impossible for any of us regarding experience, to determine what it was!!

Can you please be as specific as possible when asking a question... it's way better to provide "to much" info, then not enough...

Thanks in advance
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    It accesses the folder /lib(/linux)/modules if i remember well and it says that there are no rules how to create 'modules'.
    But why it cant connect to the net as long as the system recognises the modem??

Just Joined!
    Well this is the error message:

make -C src
    make[1]: Entering directory /home/kitsos/Desktop/fritz
    nake -C /lib/modules/2.6.8.1-123mdksmp/build No such file or directory Stop.
    make: enter unknow directorymake: Leaving an unknown directorymake[1]:
    make: ***[fcusb2.o] error 2

Then I changed the path as build catalog doesnt exist and I put the "kernel" catalog. But in vain...

Just Joined!
    I took a snapshot of the screen with the error message but as I can see I cant upload the picture

Just Joined!
    Ι uploaded somewhere else.
    Here it is!:

http://www.freehomepages.com/pyrkavlos/linux.jpg