Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by Lakshmipathi Did you login via GUI? Which Linux Distro ? If its Fedora based system check System->Log out .Then login as normal user (not root) Then open ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmipathi View Post
    Did you login via GUI? Which Linux Distro ? If its Fedora based system check System->Log out .Then login as normal user (not root)
    Then open the terminal run command provided by Jayd512
    Mandriva 2011 LXFDVD i use KDE root n users login required during first installation

Are you saying that you only have the root account, no other users? This is a very bad habit, as any kind of file change or file deletion could cause major damage to the filesystem.
    I strongly advise that you create a regular user account for your day to day work.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    Are you saying that you only have the root account, no other users? This is a very bad habit, as any kind of file change or file deletion could cause major damage to the filesystem.
    I strongly advise that you create a regular user account for your day to day work.
    very likely that the only root account; what should i do step by step to create user account? Thks

Quote Originally Posted by goldap View Post
    very likely that the only root account; what should i do step by step to create user account? Thks
    In Mandriva-2010 you can find it on
    system->administration->new login

Disclaimer : I don't use Mandriva as of now. Got that inform from here http://static.howtoforge.com/images /the_perfect_desktop_mandriva_2010.0_gnome/big/36.jpg
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2