Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hi, i am new to linux and started using 9.1. I've run into many problems and i can't stand it anymore. So i decided to go ahead and try 10.1. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Downloading 10.1

Hi, i am new to linux and started using 9.1. I've run into many problems and i can't stand it anymore. So i decided to go ahead and try 10.1. I have visited several websites and none offer to download mandrake. It has to be purchased. Am i misunderstanding the meaning of opensource or it is supposed to be free? Another thing is that i wanted to know how different these 2 versions are, to see the deal of striving i'll have to put to learn everything again.

I'll keep looking for a place to get it. Please, any suggestions are more than welcome.

Just Joined!
    Have you tried here?

http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/ftp.php3#iso

HTH, GL

Linux Engineer
    Sheds BitTorrent will get you what you want... mandrake can also be dloaded from there home website throut HTTP and FTP(if I remember correctly)
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

I started downloading the 3 cds from some site i'll specify as soon as i get home.

LET ME APOLOGIZE CAUSE I AM POSTING FROM WINDOWS!! I know i shouldn't, but i can't stay away from this forum!!!

Merry X'mas dudes!!!

Linux Engineer
    Heyheyhey Sheds... all my post from 9am to 4h30pm, are from a windows computer... the one I work from... (dont tell my boss thou... it's from work )
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Quote Originally Posted by UgoDeschamps
    Heyheyhey Sheds... all my post from 9am to 4h30pm, are from a windows computer... the one I work from... (dont tell my boss thou... it's from work )
    that's why they make live cds

Quote Originally Posted by linkinp4rk410
    Your lucky that you can use them, were I work (as a school studant) the BIOS are passworded with the hdd as the first boot device and the computer teacher will not give out the pass, or change the BIOS
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Linux Engineer
    since this is a "work" environment programming in .Net, I REAllY dought I can explain the fact that im under linux when supose to be programming

Quote Originally Posted by dylunio
    Quote Originally Posted by linkinp4rk410
    Your lucky that you can use them, were I work (as a school studant) the BIOS are passworded with the hdd as the first boot device and the computer teacher will not give out the pass, or change the BIOS
    i still haven't tried using a live cd at school. wouldn't be a good move, cuz i'm pretty sure I'm on what we call a "black list" in our county (Howard, MD) has, which lists kids who know "too much" and could break rules or hack the system, etc. So they monitor me more than others. But than again I could use KDevelop for my CompSci class w/ C++

The download from this site http://www.click-now.net/download/Mandrake_Linux.htm has ended. I know have 3 image files, each for 390 MB in size with a file extention i586.iso. Is this supposed to be this way? I am trying to go over some docs to try and install from there, but i would like to transform these files into cds, so the following times i can install placing cds normally.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast