Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I just got a new USB JumpDrive (Lexar Secure JumpDrive). This drive is made of two different sections, one public (non-encrypted) and a seccond one which is private. This one ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

New JumpDrive, secure problems

I just got a new USB JumpDrive (Lexar Secure JumpDrive). This drive is made of two different sections, one public (non-encrypted) and a seccond one which is private. This one is encrypted using 128-bit encryption. I can mount the public one just fine, but the private one is unable to figure out the file system. I've tried a number of file systems but nothing seems to work. I can access all the stuff in windows (there are drivers, but nothing for linux ). Anyone have any ideas what I could do? (Oh yeah, Mandrake Linux 10.0)

Yes, the next time, check before you buy, at this time there are only 3 brands that work with Linux.

Linux Guru
    You might try searching google for your exact model number plus linux. There may be a driver for it, although I doubt it. They call them secure for a reason :P

Good luck.
    Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    your lcuky, i made my whole drive secure and windows wont mount it!, i called tech supp. and they said they were sending my some software...still havent gotten it

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeone
    Yes, the next time, check before you buy, at this time there are only 3 brands that work with Linux.
    What brands. I have got many to work..?

Quote Originally Posted by DickTracy
    were sending my some software...still havent gotten it
    I hope you get it soon. Post it when you do so we will know another

Quote Originally Posted by daemonOS
    What brands. I have got many to work..?
    I hope you get it soon. Post it when you do so we will know another
    In my research of the ram disks, only Fujifilm, Memorex and one other I can not remember the name, were the only ones to say thier device would work with Linux. I did buy one that had the secure mode with it at first, but it had the software on it taking up space and would only work with XP and 2000. Software for 98 and ME could be down loaded, but the secure mode would not work, and the device would not work under Linux.

To make a long story short, I got the Fujifilm 512 mb, so far the device has done what the company claims. It works across all OS platforms, still have not used it with a MAC yet, no secure mode software taking up space and what is more secure than you carrying the thing away? It has it's own cpu, so you run loaded programs from it, has a life time warrantee on it. The Memorex and the other one was a one year warrantee and no cpu.

So what is your list of Linux working ram disks?

Linux Newbie
    Edge Memory, Fujifilm, Memorex, (I have got a Lexar to work) I even got a Sony and BUSlink to work. On the Sony I had to use my own encryption but hey.. if it works it works! I use a 128 Memorex and a 256 Lexar. I had a Sony I was using until I crushed it with my desk chair. It would seem I had droped it or left it on the floor... swffff their went 150

Thats it! Lexar is the third one. The first one I used was a 256 Luxmar, not so good. So the Sony failed the old desk chair crash test, bummer. Maybe if you send the peices back to Sony, with a note about " It was not as rugged as the add said", maybe they will send you a new one.

Linux Newbie
    HA! LOL

Actually...any USB flash disk that is standard *should* work with Linux. If they use something such as this encryption, you will have problems. But a normal USB key will work reguardless because they are all (default) formated with vfat and standard USB storage devices.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast