Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, I was just wondering if there a any antivirus and spyware removers for linux operating systems maybe free or ones that u have to buy. I have looked in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

antivirus and spyware removers!!!

hi, I was just wondering if there a any antivirus and spyware removers for linux operating systems maybe free or ones that u have to buy. I have looked in google but I have find antivirus that cost over 200 bucks I wish that i could find a few that are cheaper. Thanks!!!

Linux Engineer
    Hi zapper, the fact that anti virus is "hard to find" for linux platform, is simple. There about "no" harmfull virus for linux. The "only" reason you would want a n AV, is if you have a dual platform box and that your windows part gets "virused" this way you could simply run under linux the AV but again... why should we even get a virus under windows... if you dont boot in it

for spyware... I haven't got a single clue if it even could exist under linux... I really dont think so...

Hope this helps you in any matter
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    Hey thanks for the info, I kind of thought that was the reason of few AVs for linux but now Im sure. by the way the reason why I asked for spyware removers and AVs its because my internet connection(DSL) has been running really slow under linux, I logged in windows to see if it was a problem from my ISP but it runs really fast under windows and I thought it might have been spyware or viruses.
    Well thanks for the info I guess I dont have to worry about spyware or viruses as much as I did in the "evil blue box".

Linux Engineer
    As for your "slow" internet connection under linux, there's a GREAT site for speed test connection

http://toast.net/performance/
    also.... note that driver are an important fact on speed. make sure you have to up-to-date NiC drivers for your distro

\"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    I guess I will have to wait until mandrake official is available if it isn't before I can get any updates. Thanks for the website (my connection is running 295 *k even though i don't know if thats good or not)

Mandrake 10.1 official is avaliable as adownload from there mirrors;

have a good holiday season;

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Linux Guru
    You might try editing your /etc/resolv.conf file to make sure that an actual DNS IP is the first entry. Often times, it's set to 127.0.0.1 or some other non-DNS server. This will make your connection really slow.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude