Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all!! I just erased a couple of ntfs partitions with the linuxconf option on the menu. Now i want to gather that free unrecognized space into one single partition ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Free space

Hi all!! I just erased a couple of ntfs partitions with the linuxconf option on the menu. Now i want to gather that free unrecognized space into one single partition accesible to linux. How do i set this up?

I just made a big mess. I went into mandrake control center and erased and unmounted both partitions and made one. The option to create it in was usr/, i had others but not in mnt or custom directory. I don't care. Whatever. Now, when i came back, all cdroms and floppy drive entries in the fstab where changed and the icons on the desktop deleted. Why would linux take away those if i was just handling other partitions on the hard drive? Anyways, linux decided to rename al hd..s to how it wanted to be. As a newbie, that info irrelevant since i don't know what it's telling me. What i wanna do know is add the partition in usr/ as a new hard drive and place back the cdroms. How do i do this?

Just Joined!
    check by using
    #mount
    and add in fstab
    /path/device /path/mount/point fstype options 0(in most cases) 0(in most cases)
    hope it work
    [/quote]

This little stunt had me re installing linux. Bit easier at the begging when configuring the partitions (swap and everything). But i have some issues there to solve. Thanks anyways man!!!! At least i got my free space ready to use.