Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am not having much luck setting Firefox as the default web browser for Evolution 2.0.3. I recently installed Mandrake 10.1 official with no problems. I am using KDE 3.2. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can Firefox be used as Evolution's default browser?

I am not having much luck setting Firefox as the default web browser for Evolution 2.0.3. I recently installed Mandrake 10.1 official with no problems. I am using KDE 3.2. The problem is that when my email has a link in it, and I click on it, nothing happens. I installed Firefox 1.0 and it works fine. It just won't repsond to email links. No web browser will respond to my email links. I have set File Associations in KDE to Firefox. After hearing that Evolution is a Gnome app and won't respond to KDE settings, I set Firefox as the Preferred Application in Gnome Control Center. I have seen some other postings that suggest editing script files. I am still to inexperienced with Linux to how to do that, but am anxious to learn how if that's what I need to do.

I had this same problem in Mandrake 10.0, but just got used to having Firefox going and whenever a link in email was launched, Epiphany would do the honors.

Also as a result of my tinkering, the screensaver no longer can be coaxed into working.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Linux Guru
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    I tried the "goFirefox" script and it did open a Firefox browser on the email link!!! Unfortunately, it opens www.whatuseek.com no matter what link is selected. There are some minor changes I made to the script which might be causing the problem. Now I can't launch Firefox from the Menu. The only way to launch it now is find a link in an email and click on it