Find the answer to your Linux question:
How do you get a screensaver to work in Mandrake 10.1? I had this problem in 10.0 also but just ignored it. I've done all the Configure dialogs and they ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't get any screensavers to work.

How do you get a screensaver to work in Mandrake 10.1? I had this problem in 10.0 also but just ignored it. I've done all the Configure dialogs and they always have a test. The ones I select always work in the test, but not after that.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

-Bob

Linux Newbie
    Screensaver's are a bad thing. If you must then what problem is it? It just does not come on? Bad/choppy picture? What does it do?

Just Joined!
    Blank screen.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    look at the settings. does it say run screensaver after ie: 10min and also blank after 10min?

Just Joined!
    Is the screensaver run under xscreensaver, and if so, is the xscreensaver daemon running?

Just Joined!
    The settings say "Start screen saver automatically - After 10 minutes" and it is aware of Power management.

I have noticed when going back into the settings that a dialog will pop up mentioning something about a screensaveer daemon. I have not tried to launch or stop any screensaver daemons.

The funny thing is that when I first installed 10.1, the screensaver was working. Then mysteriously after I had been monkeying around with the new install, it quit working, just a blank screen.

A screensaver isn't a big deal to me except that I am learning Linux and want to understand why things do what they do.

Thanks for your help,
    Bob

Just Joined!

Screensavers in Linux

Quote Originally Posted by daemonOS
    look at the settings. does it say run screensaver after ie: 10min and also blank after 10min?
    Also look at Power mangagement on your PC, often the BIOS can influence a lot esp in mandrake.

BTW anyone whos looking for printing
    www.business-printing-services.co.uk