Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've just installed mandrake and i dont know how to connect to the internet. I want to establish a connection through the lan network of my office.. but i'm missing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

lan connection

I've just installed mandrake and i dont know how to connect to the internet. I want to establish a connection through the lan network of my office.. but i'm missing the installation CD 1.
    What can i do ?

Linux Guru
    Well, if you can get CD1, I'd suggest doing that. If you can't, you can always setup URPMI, that would work, but almost requires that you have highspeed to be of any major use, which if you had, you could just d/l CD1. Maybe a freind has one? Or you could buy one of those magaizines that comes with it. If you really need it and can't get it any other way, PM me and I'll mail you one.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    thanks for your advise, a friend will give me the CD1 next week so it s not a problem. In fact i just wanted to know if i could do it very quickly, without this CD 1.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    If the software is already installed, then it can be done. If anything needs to be installed, then I doubt it.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude