Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, i'm new in linux. I setup Mandrake 10.1 succesfully but i cannot find the modem anywhere. All the other devices where found(DVD-R, DVD-RW). I have AMD Athlon 900MHz, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help in modem.

Hi all,
    i'm new in linux. I setup Mandrake 10.1 succesfully but i cannot find the modem anywhere. All the other devices where found(DVD-R, DVD-RW).
    I have AMD Athlon 900MHz, Kinetiz 7B and Riva TNT2. The modem is internal, Zoom v.90 and the chip is from Lucent.
    This is the problem so i would be very grateful if anyone could help me. If there are any drivers or how to set up them please tell me.
    Thanks.

Linux Guru
    Start here:

http://linmodems.org/

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    Thanks Jeremy,
    i saw this site. I will try some drivers from there. The problem is that the drivers that this site has, are for 2.4...core and Mandrake 10.1 has 2.6. Do you know if any problem will occur if i setup a driver which fits to 2.4...core?
    And something else: While i was trying to make a new internet connection from the Mandrake Control Center, it specified my modem but at the end said that Lucent Microelectronics 56k Win modem doesn't support by the system.
    Do you ar anybogy else has any idea to help me?
    Thanks anyway.

Linux Guru
    I have never tried to get a winmodem working under Linux, so that link was about all the help I could offer. Sorry.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude