Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there. I am currently using mandrake 9.1 and a situation came up. I had the os installed perfectly and running fine. I decided that it was time to clean ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Mount: error 6 mounting

Hi there. I am currently using mandrake 9.1 and a situation came up. I had the os installed perfectly and running fine. I decided that it was time to clean my box so i took it apart and reassembled it. I changed an option on the bios that's called like easy boot and disabled it, so just i could see like the specs and post instead of having the big intel picture when booting. Now, mandrake has been working fine for a month now, and i don't know if this change in the bios should make such a mess as too give me this error. Here's the entire text i got on the error. It appears after choosing to boot linux on LILO:

Code:
    mount: error 6 mounting ext3 flags kernel panic: no init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.
    I understand that any changes including flashing the bios are not supposed to affect the os's installed on the computer. I dunno what has happened. And i can't google it at home cause i can't get into my computer.

In other words: HELP PLEASE!!!!

can you get back into the bios to reenable easy boot?

Yeah i did. But i didn't work. I googled it but the answer was way off the point. Not quite at all. I read on a site that it could be an issue with the memory, but on post i can see everything from processor to memory, the entire 256 detected.

Make sure your drives are being detected (i.e.-they are plugged in ) and that you didn't switch their order on the IDE bus.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Let's check that up. It's not going to work. Piece of sh... I just changed the easy boot and that's it, why would i touch anything else? I know i gotta do a lot of things, but i can't really know where everything is, please be more specific. I need my computer back quickly.

Ok, so basically what we've done so far is to check the BIOS, i checked and everything is now how it was before, the only thing i changed that screwed linux up was the easy boot thing. But i didn't modify anything else. I managed to get into some console with rescue with the cds. But some site says that lilo.conf is in etc, and that's not true.

Nevermind, i ended up formatting, like always, info is not sufficient nor explanatory when looking and googling. The thing now is that i don't know which file in dev is the other partition with my files so i can mount it. How do i find this out?

***Mod Edit: Please watch your language. ***