Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi all after being on windows for so long and toying with linux a few years back at tafe i have decided to go back to it as an alternative ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

totally new... tottaly stuck

hi all after being on windows for so long and toying with linux a few years back at tafe i have decided to go back to it as an alternative to winxp

i am running mandrake 10 all went well in the install my 2 questions are

i am running kde as i dont understand how to use the linux command line

1. how do i acess all the files on my ntfs (winxp pro) drives (and have them mount each time linux starts)

2. how to i install my usb netcomm NB1300 ADSL modem and get the net hooked up via linux

thank you in advance gimpacause

Just Joined!
    Are your WinXP drives on the same machine or are they on another machine on the same network ?

If your machine has a dual boot you may find that your WinXP drives are probably already mounted. You could try opening the Konqueror web browser and type the following into the address bar

/mnt/

You may see a folder named "windows"

If your WinXP drive is NTFS you will may only be able to read from the drive and will not be able to write information to it.

Linux Guru
    Take a look at this thread. You might want to read from the end forward, since it took a while for the guy to discover what his problem was.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close