Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok after taking out my SATA Drive Mandrake installed like a dream but after booting up it simply did not work right at all. Mandrake opened most applications like it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandrake 10.1 Official not working...

Ok after taking out my SATA Drive Mandrake installed like a dream but after booting up it simply did not work right at all. Mandrake opened most applications like it should but they opened slowly and whenever i tried to open Konquerer or open my home it simply would not do it. I clicked home and it would say opening home... in the taskbar but after about 10 mins it simply dissapeared. I reverted back to 10.0 and it is opening applications fast as evera nd i'm having no problems i was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem.

Thank you in advance,
    ~TriggerGuard

Linux Engineer
    Not really sure if this is related, but it may be loading the SATA driver, without using it and this might be causing a problem... when you "reverted" did you install 10.0 from scrach "after" removing the SATA or before...

Whats your kernel version?
    have you recompiled it? (it may still try to access SATA drive somehow)
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!

well ummm...

well i figured out my sata drive is completely fried and i also found something else out. The reason my computer would run so slow was because i had my USB thumb drive inserted and it won't open and file viewers, I have to access my files from shell to do anything in my thumb drive. I then have to log out and log back in in order to unmount my drive. After i'm finished witht hat there is a 50 50 chance my computer won't open any file browsers so if i log out and back in it may work and if it doesn't i must proceed to completely restart my computer. I can't figure out why this is the i have 10.1 Official on my computer right now...help?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close